We’ve researched and evaluated all the mainstream Audible converters that range in price from free to $39 – narrowed that list down to the best choices available. We tested the conversion speed and ease of use for each converter, and examined their features. After testing, we found that Epubor Audible Converter is the best Audible AA/AAX to MP3 converter for most people because it’s the most easy-to-use tool with the fastest conversion speed among all the software we tested. If you need to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 in bulk quickly, we think Epubor Audible Converter is your best choice.
1. Epubor Audible Converter (WIN & MAC)
Epubor Audible Converter is a powerful tool dedicated to stripping DRM from your purchased Audible audiobooks and converting Audible AA and AAX to mp3 or other compatible DRM free formats like M4B. If you’re looking for a simple program that works without excessive flatulent options and confusing interfaces that some other Audible converter tools have, you’ll definitely like Epubor Audible Converter.
Its interface is very concise but effective. It supports batch conversions and single file imports, as well as drag and drop. You can just drag and drop the aa/aax files directly into the program, choose an output format, and then start the conversion. If you do want more advanced options, Epubor Audible Converter does let you customize things like splitting your audiobooks into chapters.
- 1. Super easy to use with a user-friendly interface (even the Net newbie will easily figure out how to use the software properly).
- 2. Conversion speed is extremely fast (works at 60 faster speed) and the converted audio quality is lossless.
- 3. You can split the entire audiobook into several chapters.
- 4. Not need to install iTunes or any plug-in.
- 5. No iTunes and Audible authentication are required.
- You can’t customize the audio bitrate for the output audiobooks.
2. TunesKit Audible AA/AAX Converter (WIN & MAC)
Tuneskit Audible AA/AAX Converter is a smart DRM removal tool specially developed for Audible users to crack DRM protection from Audible audiobooks by converting the DRM AA, AAX audiobooks to DRM-free formats, including MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, WAV, with up to 100X super faster speed.
- 1. It covers a wide range of export formats.
- 2. Fast and organized conversion.
- 3. No iTunes and Audible account authorization are required.
- 1. Too expensive especially when compared to Epubor Audible Converter.
- 2. Conversion speed is relatively slow when converting large size of AAX files to MP3.
- 3. It requires heavy CPU time and causes high CPU utilization on your computer when Tuneskit Audible Converter is decrypting audiobooks. In other words, your computer performance may slow down dramatically or even crash when the program is working.
3. InAudible (WIN)
InAudible is a free program designed to remove DRM from Audible audiobooks and covert them to MP3, FLAC, or other common formats on Windows computer. It also copies all the metadata, cover art of the audiobooks after conversion. To convert aax to mp3 with InAudible, you will need another two software packages (inaudible-NG’s tables and FFmpeg). InAudible is not an official program and does not have its own website.
- 1. It’s for free.
- 2. It’s capable of separating audiobook tracks by chapters.
- 3. It handles Audible conversion incredibly fast.
- 1. It only works for Windows OS, and is not compatible with Mac OS.
- 2. Not user-friendly. Figuring how to use it is too complicated for non-tech-savvy users.
- 3. It’s not available for downloading and using on any of the available platforms.
- 4. Users can’t find an integrated User’s Help guide, and can’t get customer support service when issues occur.
4. OpenAudible Project (Win & MAC & Linux)
When talking about converting Audible to MP3 free, OpenAudible is popular and famous as it’s an open-source cross-platform audible audiobook manager.
Updated 7/20/2020: The free version of OpenAudible doesn’t work any more. You have to pay 12 bucks for using it.
- 1. Supports audible to mp3 conversion on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- 2. Free and easy to use.
- 1. Can’t get the help when meeting any issues as OpenAudible is a community-based project developed by a small group of volunteers.
5. Audials Tunebite Premium (WIN)
Audials Tunebite Premium & Platinum and Audials One also work for audiobook format conversion. Audials helps you solve audiobook copy-protection problems and lets you convert audiobooks into MP3 files for any device. DRM-protected audiobooks can be copied rapidly and converted to any desired file format. It’s also a smart audio player and enhances existing music collections by adding missing ID3 tags.
- 1. Impressive import and export format list (40 audio file formats for PC, smartphone, tablet and gaming consoles are available for selection)
- 2. It can record audio from popular streaming services.
- 3. It supports 2 conversion output modes: single output file & split audiobook into several output files.
- 1. It only applies to Windows OS, and not compatible with Mac OS.
- 2. The all black user-interface is intimidating and looks disordered a litter bit.
- 3. Needs to install and configure iTunes for recording audio files.
- 4. Recording technique can’t guarantee lossless quality.
Overall, Epubor Audible Converter is the most easy-to-use one and faster than most of the other Audible converters in this list, and the price of $22.99 offers the best value and experiences available. It’s totally worth every penny you spent on the license.
Download Epubor Audible Converter for free