How to Read PDF on Kindle Fire
PDFs are light, portable and can support a variety of document styles. Generally speaking, there are two major use cases for PDF files. The first for business or work, where you can create forms in PDF format and have people fill them out. The second is for reading e-books. The PDF is an easily accessible file which works well for reading. So we have compiled a list of best 5 PDF Reader for Kindle Fire. Usually, the best PDF reader apps do more then just open files, providing a variety of navigation, annotation, and cloud storage functions to provide a full spectrum of document features.
1. How to Transfer PDF to Kindle Fire
If you have a PDF file( DRM free) that you wish to read on your Amazon Kindle Fire, there are two ways you can transfer them over.
1. Transfer DRM Free PDF to Kindle Fire via USB
1. Connect Kindle Fire to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Unlock the screen and the Kindle Fire should mount to the computer.
3. A drive called “Kindle” or “Fire” should now be available on your computer. Windows users can check under “Computer”. Mac users can check on the “Finder”. Open the “Kindle” or “Fire” drive and drag your PDF files to the “Documents” folder.
2. Transfer DRM Free PDF to Kindle Fire using email
1. Access the email account you used to register your Kindle Fire. Send an email to your kindle address with the PDF file as an attachment.
2. Wait for several minutes for the device to sync. Then tap “Docs” on the home screen. The PDF file you sent should appear in the list.
You’ve successfully learned the 2 ways to transfer a PDF file to your Kindle Fire. Happy reading!
Updated(2019.07) There are other 2 ways to transfer PDF to Kindle Fire. Click here to Learn more.
But if you want to transfer DRM protected PDF files to your Kindle Fire, we also have a solution for you.
3. Transfer DRM Protected PDF to Kindle Fire
1. Install Epubor Ultimate to your computer.
Download Epubor Ultimate for Free
Tips: Epubor Ultimate can help you remove DRM from PDF files purchased from mainstream online book stores, like Amazon/Kobo/Nook/Google Play/Barnes&noble, etc…
2. Download PDF files with the book store’s desktop application. Then run Epubor Ultimate to remove DRM. For more details, please read this guide about how to decrypt ebooks.
3. Transfer the DRM free PDF files to Kindle Fire using email or using USB.
2. Best 5 PDF Reader for Kindle Fire
You may find that the default PDF viewer on your Kindle Fire limits your viewing capabilities or makes it difficult to interact with the features of your PDF file. Then you may consider trying another PDF reader from the Amazon App Store or the Google Play Store. And you’ll find many free PDF reader apps available for download there that likely offer the features you desire.
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a common choice for many users when it comes to PDF reading and editing. The app can scan for all the PDFs on your device and make them available under the “Local” tab. Adobe Reader includes text reflow, contextual search, bookmarks and hyperlink support, as well as annotation and electronic signature support. Users who sign up to a free Adobe Document Cloud account can share and sync documents online, etc.
2. Foxit Reader
Foxit Reader is a popular PDF app with more than a million installs recorded on Google Play. Compared to other PDF viewers, the app is lightweight and has a fast interface. It features an organization system to keep your PDF files in line. Foxit handles normal and password protected PDFs, with support for document and user bookmarks. Annotation options let you highlight, underline or strike through text. Foxit also has offers an app specifically for business use, which costs $15.99.
3. PDF Reader
PDF Reader is a less known PDF app. However, it contains most of the necessary PDF viewing features and works quite well. It is an excellent PDF reader that provides solid rendering and reading as well as a neat document scanning feature. It also supports bookmarks, outlines and thumbnails and open password-protected files. Text search and a page slider allow you to navigate to where you need, while a text reflow option provides a comfortable reading experience on a small screen. Annotation tools let you easily mark up documents.
4. WPS Office
WPS Office, a multipurpose mobile office suite that handles documents, spreadsheets, and PDFs, is one of the best office apps for Android which comes integrated with good PDF reading features. You can open any PDF files from your storage, crop it, add bookmarks, print, or save it to Cloud storage. WPS’s PDF viewer is serviceable, allowing users to add and view bookmarks, jump to page numbers, text search, view annotations to a PDF file, and access PDFs from cloud storage.
5. Moon+ Reader
Moon+ Reader is one of the most popular e-book readers. It has a boatload of features like theming support, tons of visual options, auto-scroll, intelligent paragraphs, dual page mode (for landscape), and more. The app also supports a bunch of formats like EPUB, EPUB3, and, of course, PDF. It has the occasional rough edge, but it’s among the best options for those who read books in PDF format.
As long as you read this article, you will have no problem reading any PDF files on Kindle Fire any more, whether they are DRM protected or not. Do you also find this post helpful? If so, why not share it with your friends?
Download Epubor Ultimate for Free