The ISO file, also called disc image, is a copy of an entire data CD or DVD. After making an AOMEI Backupper bootable ISO file, you will first need to burn the ISO file to a CD/DVD or USB flash drive before you can use it. This article will show you how to burn ISO files to USB flash drive and CD/DVD with various burning software.
Before you do
- Download a CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray burning software (here we take UltraISO, BurnAware, and FreeISOBurner for demonstration).
- Prepare a USB flash drive or a recordable CD, DVD, Blu-Ray disc.
- Make sure your computer has a CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray burner.
How to Burn Bootable CD with FreeISOBurner
- Insert your CD-Rom, and then launch FreeISOBurner, click the “Open” button to add the ISO file, choose your disc (CD/DVD or Blu-ray Disc) in the Drive section;
- Click “Burn” to burn the ISO file, after a while it will be completed.
How to Burn AOMEI Backupper Bootable Disc with UltraISO
Burn bootable USB flash drive
- Download and install UltraISO. Start the software and click “Continue to Try” to use the trial version;
- In the main menu select “File”->”Open” to add the Backupper ISO file to the project;
- Insert your USB drive;
- In the main menu select “Bootable”->”Write Disk Image”;
- In the popup window, choose your USB flash drive, select a “write method” and then start writing.
Burn Bootable CD/DVD
- The first three steps are the same as “burn bootable USB flash drive”.
- In the main menu, select “Tools”->”Burn CD/DVD Image”.
- In the popup window, choose your disc (CD/DVD or Blu-ray Disk), and then click the “Burn” button to start burning;
At last you can use the bootable CD or USB flash drive to backup and restore.
How to Burn Bootable CD with BurnAware
- Launch BurnAware and insert your CD, select “Burn Image” in the main window;
- In the popup window, choose your disc (CD/DVD or Blu-ray Disk) and click the “Browse” button to add the ISO file;
- Finally, click the “Burn” button to burn the ISO file. Then you could use the bootable disc to backup and restore.
Download free 3rd-party burning software.