Clone a Hard Drive Safely with EaseUS Todo Backup
When would you need a hard drive cloning?
- When you want to copy all the content from one disk to another quickly and easily
- When you want to create a bootable CD/DVD or USB disk
- When you want to upgrade your hard drive to a better one in capacity and in productivity
- When your hard drive contains not only simple data but also an operating system
So, the hard drive cloning task means that the newly clone disk must works exactly the same as the replaced one.
The Best Tool to Clone a Hard Drive
Usually there are many options when choosing app to use for the hard drive cloning. In this tip, EaseUS Windows backup software, professional backup software with powerful disk clone feature is recommended
EaseUS Todo Backup is a complete backup solutions for Home Users and Business. You can clone or upgrade hard disk from HDD to SSD, MBR, from disk to GPT disk or from GPT disk to MBR disk without reinstallations.
The program can complete the disk cloning task in a perfect way with perfect result as all your files are copied safely and completely including system files.
With the fast file-by-file copy and sector-by-sector copy technology, you can always run the backup to create your Windows 10 system backup disk or image. This is a very critical and necessary task in case of computer crash or system failure.
Now you can learn how to clone hard drive with this hard drive clone software step by step.
1/3 – Select a Hard Drive to Clone
Launch EaseUS Todo Backup software and browse for Clone command via the left panel.
And then select the source hard disk you want to clone.
2/3 – Select Destination Disk
Before going on to the next step, make sure that you read the following hints thoroughly.
- The destination disk must have enough space
- The destination disk could be a hard disk or an SSD.
- If the destination disk is an SSD, check Optimize for SSD to ensure sector alignment in the process.
- Sector by sector clone – this is for cloning exactly the same as the source hard disk/partition. All sectors will be cloned even if the sector is blank.
- Create a Portable Windows USB drive – This option ensures that the cloned USB system disk is able to boot normally.
3/3 – Preview before cloning
Now you preview the disk layout and check if ever thing is correct. Finally, you can click Proceed to clone one hard drive to another with one click.
After all these steps, your hard drive should have been cloned successfully. You can then check the cloned disk in Disk Management by make a right-click on My computer icon and choose Manage -> Storage > Disk Management.